Baltimore and the surrounding areas get a fair share of weather events annually that lead to significant storm damage. Hurricanes and major storms in the summer, extreme cold temperatures in the winter, and anything in between all create conditions that can subject your home or business to water damage from flash flooding, frozen pipes, burst pipes, downed trees, power outages, and flooding from overflowing sewer and storm drains.
Best Storm Damage Restoration Experts in Maryland
If you have experienced the unthinkable, where storm damage to your home or business property has caused even minor damage, call the MD Water Damage Restoration right away. We answer your emergency call in seconds and are available to be onsite in just 30-60 minutes to do whatever storm damage cleanup and restoration is needed. We are a full-service, certified storm and water damage cleanup company serving homes and businesses in the Baltimore area since 2001.
Our courteous professionals treat your property as if it were their own, and are sensitive to your every need at this difficult time. We also help by facilitating the insurance claims process on your behalf, and use our expertise and experience to get you the best and most timely settlement possible for the property damaged or lost in the storm and for any storm-related expenses. We document every step of our process with photographs and itemized property lists, and do what is needed to ensure you receive the maximum benefit for the storm and water damage caused to your home and belongings.
Hire Professionals in Storm Damage Cleanup
MD Water Damage Restoration is licensed, bonded, and insured. All MD Water Damage Restoration technicians are IICRC-certified, having obtained professional storm damage restoration credentials directly from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification organization. We hire, train, and retain the best, most qualified professionals in the business. You can trust that our technicians are knowledgeable, experienced, and highly skilled.
Flooding from stormwater can be dangerous. Rainwater picks up and mixes with whatever contaminants are on the ground, including grease, oil, and coolants from trucks and cars; fertilizers and pesticides from gardens and yards; and animal waste and waste from septic systems. When your home or business has been damaged by contaminated stormwater, we do more than just extract the water and dry the property. We completely decontaminate, sterilize, and deodorize the affected area and contents.
The MD Water Damage Restoration team follows a precise 6-step process when handling any storm damage situation:
- Assess to determine the full extent of storm damage to your home or business property, both inside and out. This includes an inspection of the exterior of the home or business building as well as the surrounding property. If any area inside is flooded, we locate the source of water entry and take steps to resolve that issue.
- Identify the water type so as to properly treat the flooding situation. We categorize the water according to IICRC standards based on the water source and potential levels of contaminants and hazards.
- Classify the flood based on an assessment of the entire area that has been flooded or damaged by storm water. We look at the amount of water and the levels of dampness and moisture, including checks of carpeting and carpet pads, walls and insulation, and surfaces such as concrete or hardwood that require specialized drying.
- Remove stormwater with high-powered, professional-grade water-extraction equipment that is both portable and truck-mounted. When flooding from stormwater is deep enough, we also use submersible pumps to extract water. Then, specialized equipment helps us locate areas of threats from mold so we can implement an appropriate plan to prevent an infestation and potential health hazard.
- Dry the flooded area using moisture-detection equipment, heavy-duty air movers, and drying panels. We salvage whatever items we can, then clean, sanitize, and deodorize all stormwater-damaged areas and furnishings. To eliminate airborne contaminants which increase the threat of mold, we also perform HVAC cleaning and HEPA vacuuming.
- Renovate post-cleanup to your specifications. We are available to correct structural damage, fix foundations, repair roofs, paint walls, and do whatever it takes to ensure your property is restored to its original, pre-storm-damage condition, and you feel safe and comfortable when going back in.
When damage occurs to your home or business from storm, water and flooding, the MD Water Damage Restoration team is committed to providing superior care and customer service at every step of the process: from taking your emergency call 24/7, to arriving onsite in 30-60 minutes, to thoroughly cleaning up and restoring your property to its pre-storm-damage condition, so you can get back in and get your life get back to normal as quickly as possible.