Sewer and drain problems are among the worst problems a home or business owner can face. They are messy and unpleasant, and can lead to a potential bio- or health hazard. If you experience a residential or commercial sewage or drain problem, call MD Water Damage Restoration right away. We’ll answer your call in seconds and be onsite in 30-60 minutes. We are a certified sewage damage cleanup and water damage restoration company and have been serving Baltimore and the surrounding areas since 2001.
Warning signs of a sewage and drain problem
Whatever the cause of your sewer line damage, call MD Water Damage Restoration for immediate service and peace of mind. Even if you’re unsure you have a sewage problem, these warning signs are symptoms you probably do:
- Slow drainage
- Sewer water or sewage backing up and overflowing from toilets or sinks
- A raw sewage smell coming from the drains
- A gurgling sound in drains
- Water collects in the area outside where underground sewer lines are located
- Signs of water damage appear on the foundation of your home or business building, even though the weather is dry
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of sewage backup or sewer drain problems, contact MD Water Damage Restoration immediately. Sewage water leakage and backups are serious, and pose a health threat to the occupants. Sewage water contains dangerous bacteria and other biohazards, and can cause severe illness and other health concerns. And, if not properly or thoroughly treated, residual moisture from sewer water can lead to the growth of mold in the affected area—another health hazard in itself.
Sewage Damage Restoration in Maryland
MD Water Damage Restoration is licensed, bonded, and insured, and all our technicians are IICRC-certified, having obtained professional damage and restoration credentials directly from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification organization. We hire, train, and retain the best, most qualified professionals in the business. You can trust that our technicians are knowledgeable and experienced, and have passed a thorough employment screening.
In addition, we facilitate the insurance claims process, and use our experience to get you the best, most timely settlement possible for the property damaged as a result of a sewage or drain problem. We document every step of our cleanup and restoration process with photographs and itemized property lists, and do what is needed to ensure you receive the maximum benefit for damage caused to your home or business and its contents.
Causes of sewer line and drain problems
- Your home or business can experience a sewer or drain problem for many reasons, including:
- Solid items that are too big for the pipe size–feminine hygiene products, disposable diapers—causing a blockage
- Solid items being flushed and accumulating in the pipe or drain—hair, food, cat litter, or grease
- Flooding of public sewer lines from heavy rain unable to drain properly
- A blockage in a city’s main sanitary sewage line
- Tree roots growing inside sewer service pipes
- Structural defects in the sewer line or drain: cracks, holes, sags, or a pipe collapse
How to get rid of sewage damage
Using a specialized video camera attached to a drain snake, our technicians inspect the sewer line to determine the location and cause of the sewer line or drain backup or breakage. Our next step is to recommend the most appropriate steps to repair the sewer line, such as:
- Full replacement of the damaged section, including digging where the damage has occurred, cutting the damaged portion out, and replacing it with a new section. Or, we may recommend relining the damaged section with an epoxy line.
- Total sewer line replacement by either digging up and completely replacing the old sewer pipe with a new one or doing a trenchless sewer pipe replacement in which we pull a new pipe through the existing pipe.
- Sewer line cleaning using specialized cabling equipment to bore through whatever is clogging the system, even tree roots, or using a high-pressure hydrojet cleaning system to expel the blockage.
Professional help with sewage damage restoration
In all cases of sewer and drain problems, MD Water Damage Restoration team follows a 5-step process.
- Extract sewage and sewage water using industry-grade professional equipment
- Remove items that have absorbed sewage water and dispose of them properly
- Dry the affected area using powerful air movers and dehumidifiers to prevent the growth of mold.
- Clean the area using specialty disinfectants and deodorizers, ensuring complete decontamination
- Repair or restore the affected area as needed
When damage occurs to your home or business from sewage and drain problems, the MD Water Damage Restoration team provides superior care and customer service every step of the way: from taking your emergency call 24/7, to arriving onsite in 30-60 minutes, to thoroughly cleaning and restoring your property to its pre-damage condition.