Water Damage Restoration
At MD Water Damage Restoration, our team members bring many combined years of experience to each water-damage project. We’ve been serving residential and commercial customer in Maryland since 2001. If your home or business is in Laurel or its surrounding areas, call us at 1-888-743-3045. Our phones are open 24/7, and we guarantee a response within 30-60 minutes. We will restore your property in a timely manner to its pre-damage condition.
Laurel is a beautiful city, but living alongside an ocean we get our share of storms; some of them drop a flood of water onto our region. Some of that water seeps into the front lobby of a business or someone’s basement. Our licensed, bonded, and insured restoration professionals at MD Water Damage Restoration are ready to go to work, equipped with modern equipment that will handle damage Mother Nature leaves behind.
Basement Flood Restoration
A flooded basement can have a variety of causes, natural flooding aside. For instance, a water pipe running under the ground floor of a home breaks and releases a lot of water. After someone turns off the main water valve, you must call in a professional restoration service right away. Delay is never good because you can’t afford to have a pool of standing water in your basement or anywhere else in your home. In fact, the longer you wait the worse your damage will be, and delay increases the risk of biohazards.
When water contacts appliances, furnishings and other items, it can lead to an expensive restoration. If the contact continues for an extended period, some items can fail irreparably. In addition, a flooded basement can ruin structural materials like drywall and wood, in addition to ruining any content in the flooded area.
MD Water Damage Restoration will send a professional team from their Laurel office to your home or business. Our team will arrive ready to inspect your property and begin their damage restoration procedures. For over 15 years, we’ve been pumping water out of flooded basements and providing top-quality damage restoration. You can feel confident that your property will be restored with professional efficiency and a quality outcome.
Reasons to Call Us After Being Flooded
A flooding event should not be handled as a typical DIY project. It can cause the worst kind of water damage to your home or business and should be handled by trained professionals. Water must be removed as soon as possible then completely dried and properly treated with high-grade sanitizers to reduce the risk of infestations or other secondary results that could put your family or employees at risk.
Mold – Molds infestations can come about from water damage that was left unrestored for too long, or a restoration project that was mishandled. The damaged areas must be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized against the onset of infestations, but if it’s not allowed to completely dry afterwards, then mold spores have an ideal setting to flourish. They only need a place with moisture, oxygen and an organic surface, such as wood; as a result, the occupants of your property could have some major health issues. The commonly-known black mold, produces airborne toxins that causes respiratory problems, inflammation of the skin, nausea, and other serious symptoms.
Bacteria – Several types of water have contaminants from the outset, but even “clean” water left standing for a long time becomes infested with millions of micro-organisms, then it becomes a health hazard. Whatever the scenario, you need the careful handling of a licensed extraction service like MD Water Damage Restoration.
Carpets and carpet padding – Rugs, carpet, and carpet padding can be restored to full use if one of our professional restoration technicians can get to it quickly, and if the water is not already contaminated.
Loss of personal property – A water-related crisis demands quick action to reduce your losses and restoration expense whenever a flooding event begins. The importance of calling on a professional extraction service like MD Water Damage Restoration cannot be overemphasized.
Biohazards and contaminants – Water coming in from outside is never “clean enough.” When water flows through someone’s yard, or over streets and parking lots, it picks up different types of contaminants: such as oil from cars and trucks, lawn fertilizers, and animal waste. Like any other hazardous material, it requires the careful extraction and cleaning procedures of a professional team with the proper training. MD Water Damage Restoration teams in Laurel are IICRC-licensed to deal safely with this situation.
Damage to your building’s structural material – The longer water stands, the deeper it sinks into structural materials and the surrounding content of a flooded area. Moisture will creep under any floor covering like tile or carpet and into the main floor material underneath. To ensure that standing water will be removed properly, and the affected area cleaned, call for the help of our team. We will help preserve the integrity of the structural components of your property and its contents.
Other building materials – Concrete, brick, or hardwood will become more vulnerable to damage if it remains in contact with water for a long time. Moisture gets into very tiny cracks and holes, and a restoration professional must treat these surfaces with a special drying technique to protect them.
Water damage restoration services provided by MD Water Damage Restoration:
Call 1-888-743-3045 with any water-damage issues. Someone is near the phone 24/7. Our teams will draft an individualized restoration plan for each project, but we begin with a general set of procedures to ensure quality service.
- Full damage assessment – If water is still trickling into your home or business, we stop it at the point of entry. Then, our team will assess all flooded areas.
- Identification of flood water type – Water is classified by its source and the level of contaminants. Our people are trained to identify any water type and safely extract it.
- Water removal – We use heavy pumps to extract standing water from your premises early in the process, thus minimizing damage to structural material and contents. Then, using specialized equipment, we will find hidden pockets of moisture and dry them out.
- Classify the water damage – First, contents are removed and salvageable items set aside for cleaning; then, the water damage inside your premises will be inspected.
- Dry property and structure – All excess moisture is eliminated with large fans, electric panels, and dehumidifier to help prevent the onset of infestations.
- Restoration of affected areas– First, damaged structural debris and items that can’t be restored will be taken away for proper disposal. Then, affected areas will be cleaned thoroughly with professional-grade detergents and antimicrobials to further ward off mold and other biohazards.
- Restoration of contents – Our team will restore water-damaged areas with fresh structural materials; then, salvageable furnishings and other content will be cleaned and returned to their original use.
- Insurance claims support – To help expedite your insurance claim, the provider will be given all documentation and photos detailing our restoration process from the beginning.
Sources of flooding damage
One of our goals is to restore your property to its pre-flood quality. Our experts at MD Water Damage Restoration have worked water-damage projects that originated from a variety of sources.
- Burst or frozen pipes – Freezing winter temperatures will damage uninsulated pipe, and create a water spill in your home or business. One of our teams will take care of the problem after you call.
- Leaking pipes – If an old pipe wears out and breaks, the flooded areas in your home or business must be cleaned and dried thoroughly. Then, walls, floors, and other areas are checked for potential infestations.
- Sewer line backup – Handling a broken sewage line is tricky because of the contaminated water. It requires specialized safety equipment and techniques used by well-trained and experienced professionals. Don’t try to clean this up yourself. Our teams will completely disinfect your premises, leaving no lingering odor.
- Faulty appliances – Sooner or later, appliances like washing machines will malfunction and possibly spill their water all over some part of your home. Call MD Water Damage Restoration for help. We will clean up the mess, dry the affected area, and restore any damages.
- Hurricane and storm damage – Heavy storms will send down a flood of water, which will flow through any door or window that is not properly sealed. It’s messy, but we can help. After removing the excess water, our professional teams will restore the damages.
- Water leftover from putting out a fire – Water is usually the best weapon against a fire. After the blaze is drowned, however, the surviving areas of your structure will have a lot of water damage. Our people will clear out any standing water then clean and restore the damage.
If you live in the Laurel area, call MD Water Damage Restoration anytime; we are available 24/7. A licensed and trained restoration team will arrive at your property within 30-60 minutes. We’ve served Maryland customers since 2001 restoring all types of water damage in the various service areas we cover. Flood damage, flooded basements, and other water-related disasters: our teams have had experience with all conditions.