Water Damage Restoration
One of the disadvantages of living next to the Atlantic is the occasional heavy storm that move in from the east. Our Hagerstown city infrastructure and natural waterways can handle most rain showers. But, when we get more than the usual, where’s the excess water going to go? Sometimes into people’s homes or places of business, flooding basements or their ground level.
Fortunately, the experts at MD Water Damage Restoration are licensed, bonded, and insured professionals, all trained to conduct emergency water extraction and damage restoration. Our teams will get your property fixed up to its pre-flood condition and in a timely manner. If you live or do business in Hagerstown or its surrounding areas, call us at 1-888-743-3045. We are available 24/7 and guarantee to respond within 30-60 minutes.
Basement Flood Restoration
Living near an ocean always carries the risk of rain and flooding; thus, a lot of water damage. However, putting rain aside, water issues can have other causes. For example, a faulty washing machine or old water pipes can put a few inches of water in your basement. You can’t afford to delay when this happens. You must call in a crew of extraction specialists right away before the water ruins everything it touches or leads to serious biohazards, like black mold.
Call MD Water Damage Restoration immediately, and we will send a crack team of professionals to your property, ready to inspect your premises and actively start a work plan. Since 2001, we have been cleaning out flooded basements and delivering quality water damage restoration services to residential and business customers in Hagerstown. Any kind of water emergency can ruin more than structural materials but also furnishings and any other possessions coming into contact with moisture. Water damages contents of a flooded area which can lead to expensive restoration the longer it stands. Some items can be damaged beyond repair.
Reasons to Call Us After Being Flooded
The worst kind of damage to your home or business building can be caused by a flooding event. Excess water must be pumped out and the affected areas properly dried and treated to reduce the risk of secondary hazards that could risk your property and its occupants, so you must act soon. Because of the potential for biohazards, this should not be treated as a DIY project.
Mold – Biohazards, like black mold, are often associated with water damage. Mold can flourish in hidden places where there is excess moisture, oxygen and an organic surface of some kind, such as structural wood. Even if the water and its damages are removed but not treated properly, mold can still take root inside a wall. Mold infestations can cause serious health issues, or can be fatal after longer exposure. Black mold, one of the more commonly known infestations, produces airborne toxins that lead to respiratory problems, inflammation of the skin, nausea, and more. Other symptoms include hemorrhage, mental impairment, and memory issues.
Bacteria – If broken sewage lines flood a basement or other parts of a home or business, this kind of emergency begins with water contaminated by bacteria. However, even pure water becomes filled with all kinds of micro-organisms if allowed to stand for an extended period, which can lead to critical health problems. The water must be removed promptly and the affected area thoroughly sanitized.
Biohazards and contaminants – When water runs over yards, streets, and parking areas, it will carry dangerous contaminants with it, such as oil and fuels from cars and trucks, lawn fertilizers, and animal waste. When all of this is carried into your home or business, you have an unhealthful environment and are in need of a professional to remove this problem.
Damage to your building’s structural components – Standing water soaks into structural materials and the content of your home. If the water remains in place for an extended period, the damage to the surrounding materials gets worse. This allows moisture to get under flooring, and soak into wood surfaces. Calling for the services of a water-damage professional soon after the flooding can ensure all standing water and dampness is removed properly, and preserve the safe environment of your home or business.
Other building materials – Even brick, concrete, and hardwood will be affected by standing water over time as moisture works its way into even very small cracks and holes, which will ultimately weaken the material. A professional must use a special drying process to remove the risk of mold infestation.
Loss of personal property – Promptness can’t be emphasized enough when dealing with a water-related incident. Bringing in an extraction professional soon after the flooding can reduce your losses dramatically. The longer water stands, the more deeply it absorbs into the contents of the flooded area.
Carpets and carpet padding – Carpeting, rugs, and carpet padding are very susceptible to water damage. If the water is not already contaminated and the material is not exposed too long, a professional can dry it properly then safely sanitize and disinfect so that it can be restored to normal use.
When you call us, our highly-trained experts will bring professional-grade equipment to the scene. We are available 24/7. If you have any questions or concerns call 1-888-743-3045. Although every job requires an individualized restoration plan, our teams will use a general set of procedures into each water damage project.
Water damage restoration services provided by MD Water Damage Restoration:
- Full damage assessment – If water is still coming into the premises, we will find the point of entry and fix it. Then our team will assess the water and all affected areas.
- Identification of flood water type – MD Water Restoration experts are IICRC-licensed and have the training to identify any water type and safely extract it.We categorize water according to its source and the contaminants in it.
- Water removal – Our truck-mounted pumps will extract any pooled water early in the process to minimize damage to your property and contents. With professional grade equipment, we check for hidden areas of moisture then dry them out.
- Classify the water damage – We will then assess damage in the flooded area, including surfaces that require special treatment, such as concrete. Contents must be removed and checked to see what is salvageable.
- Dry out of property and structure – State-of-the-art fans, electric panels, and dehumidifier will take out all excess moisture from the affected area.
- Restoration of property and contents – We clean and sanitize salvageable materials and contents; unsalvageable items are taken away for proper disposal. Affected areas are cleaned with powerful detergents and antimicrobials to prevent the onset of biohazards.
- Restoration and renovation of contents –Our team will restore areas that suffered water damage, replacing lost materials like drywall and insulation with fresh. Salvageable furnishings and other content will be cleaned and restored to their original use
- Insurance claims support – We help work with your insurance provider to get you the best recompense possible by providing all documentation of our process. This includes photos of the water-damaged areas before and after our restoration and detailed notes of our restoration process.
At MD Water Damage Restoration, our goal is to restore your property to its pre-damage condition. We have handled a variety of water-related projects that entailed any number of water types.
- Faulty appliances – Washing machines break down. A busted water line in one can create problem in your home. We will remove the excess water, then completely dry the affected area and restore any damage.
- Burst or frozen pipes – Freezing temperatures can ruin an insulated pipe. A break will create a mess in your home or business. Call us and we will take care of everything.
- Leaking pipes – When old pipes wear out in your home or business, they can cause a lot of damage if the area is not thoroughly dried and cleaned. We check walls, floors, and other areas for hidden areas of moisture where mold might settle in and grow.
- Hurricane and storm damage – Heavy rainfall from a violent storm can creep into your residence or place of business. Our professional-grade equipment can remove the water, and our professional techniques will restore the damages.
- Water leftover from putting out a fire – Water is an effective weapon against fires. But, afterwards, whatever survives the blaze will have severe water damage. Our modern equipment and products will clear out any standing water. Then the water-damaged areas will be cleared out, cleaned, and restored.
- Sewer line backup – A broken sewage line requires specialized handling by trained professionals because of the contaminated water. Don’t try to do it yourself. We have safety equipment that will ensure removal; also, your property will be completely sanitized with no lingering odor.
We began serving customers in 2001. If you live in the Hagerstown area, call MD Water Damage Restoration 24/7, and one of our licensed and trained teams will arrive at your property within 30-60 minutes. We’ve experienced all types of water damage in our service area, including flood damage, flooded basements, and a broad scope of other water-related disasters. We know the stress our customers may be under from a water-damaged structure, and we stay focused on the need to bring your property up to a quality at least equal to its pre-damage condition.