Water Damage Restoration
Has your home or place of business suffered water damage because of storm? Did a pipe burst and flood your basement?
If you live in the City of Frederick or surrounding areas, our professionals at MD Water Damage Restoration will aid you with your needs. Our licensed, bonded, and insured professionals will meet you at your property, 24/7, for an emergency water extraction and damage inspection. Call 1-888-743-3045 if you live or do business in the Frederick service area. We are licensed with the IICRC, a recognized authority in the restoration and biohazard remediation industry.
Basement Flood Restoration
One hard squall blowing in from the Atlantic can flood your basement in a single night, leaving you with damaged structural material and contents. It also gives rise to the risks of secondary effects, like black mold or other biohazards. The same result could come about with a faulty washing machine or water pipes.
Whatever the cause, you need a crew of professionals to clean up the mess quickly. Call MD Water Damage Restoration, and we will be there within 30-60 minutes ready to assess the damages, to get the water out of your basement or the ground-floor of your property before it turns rancid with bacteria. Since 2001, our teams have responded to calls for flooded houses, basements, and offices. We always deliver a quality extraction and restoration service to our residential and commercial customers in the Frederick city service area.
Any kind of flood emergency leaves minor to severe water damage on drywall, insulation, and other structural materials. When water contacts furniture, electronics and appliance, some of the material may require expensive restoration; some items can be damaged beyond repair, especially with prolonged exposure.
Reasons to Call Us to Take Care of Flooding
A flooding event can result in some of the worst type of damage on your home or business. Water damage and secondary effects like biohazard infestations can result if it is not dealt with quickly. Also, because the stakes are so high we don’t recommend an emergency like this to be treated as a do-it-yourself project. There is too great a risk to the health of your family, tenants, or workers.
Mold – Mold infestations are a potential hazard of water damage. Colonies of mold can remain hidden inside walls or in an attic for a long time without anyone realizing it; even after a restoration, if the water damage is not properly cleaned, mold spores can still settle in and flourish. A place that has excess moisture, oxygen, and any organic material is a perfect nesting area for biohazards. Infestations like black mold can cause serious health issues for human and animal occupants – even fatality, with prolonged exposure. Black mold, one of the more commonly known infestation, emits air-borne toxins that cause respiratory problems, inflammation of the skin, nausea, and other serious symptoms.
Bacteria – If a busted sewage or drain pipes flood the basement or other parts of a home or business, then your problem begins with severely contaminated water. But, even if purified tap water stands exposed for a couple of days, it becomes a cesspool of bacteria and a definite health hazard. The longer water stands, the deeper it saturates the structural material and content items. It must be removed from the premises promptly and the affected area sanitized thoroughly.
Biohazards and contaminants – When rainwater flows through yards, streets, and parking areas, it picks up dangerous contaminants which will create an unhealthful environment if it enters your home or business. It will have oil and fuels from cars and trucks, lawn fertilizers, and animal waste. Calling in a trained extraction and restoration team is your best course of action.
Damage to your building’s structural components – When water gets into your property, it will saturate and ruin structural materials and contents. It will get under flooring, or soaked into drywall or paneling, wood stairs, insulation, and anything else it contacts. Your home’s safety can be compromised. A water-damage professional can ensure all standing water and dampness is removed properly, and restored to its safe environment.
Building materials – Even brick, concrete, and hardwood can be weakened over time as water will work its way into even miniscule cracks and holes, making it more vulnerable to weather and other damages. These materials must be dried with a special process by an expert.
Carpets and carpet padding – Carpeting, rugs, and carpet padding are difficult to salvage. If the water extraction is done quickly after a flooding event, and the water is not contaminated, a professional can safely dry, sanitize, and disinfected it, and restore it to normal use.
Loss of personal property – Prompt water extraction by a professional can dramatically reduce the loss. furniture, boxes, drapes, and other content.
Water damage restoration services provided by MD Water Damage Restoration:
- Full damage assessment –We assess the water and all affected areas. If water is still seeping into the premises, we track it to the point of entry and staunch the flow.
- Identification of flood water type – Certified by the IICRC, MD Water Restoration teams have the experience and knowledge to identify and handle any type of water.We categorize water per its source and the contaminants it may contain.
- Classify the water damage – We assess the whole flooded area of your property, including floors and subfloors. Materials and content that have been water-damaged are removed.
- Water removal – We will extract standing water from your premises, using truck-mounted pumps. We also check for hidden areas of moisture with professional quality equipment then dry out those areas. Then these areas and its materials are cleaned with powerful EPA-approved detergents and anti-microbials to prevent the onset of infestations.
- Restoration of property and contents – Salvageable content is restored. Material debris and unsalvageable content are transported away for proper disposal or destruction. HVAC cleaning clean out airborne contaminants and allergens.
- Dry out of property and structure – All excess moisture is eliminated from the affected area with industrial strength fans, electric panels, and dehumidifier.
- Restoration and renovation of contents –Our goal is to restore your property to its pre-damage condition quicker than you might expect.
- Insurance claims support – As a final service, we help you with your insurance claim by providing all documentation of our procedures, including photos of the water-damaged areas and detailed notes of our restoration process.
We classify the intrusive water and its damage per the source, and MD Water Damage Restoration has dealt with a variety of them.
- Leaking pipes – Broken or leaking pipes in the basement or running through walls can cause a great deal of trouble if the excess moisture is not thoroughly dried and cleaned. Our restoration teams check walls, floors, and other hidden areas for damage and moisture with state-of-the-art equipment and techniques.
- Burst or frozen pipes – Exposed pipes are very vulnerable to freezing temperatures. If one breaks, then you have a mess in your residence or business. We will pump the water out and ensure the affected area is dried and restored. Call us if your property is in the Frederick area.
- Faulty appliances – Washing machines and dishwashers are great tools, but they do have the occasional mishap. A damaged water line or a faulty gasket can leave you with a messy problem in your home. We will remove the excess water, completely clean and dry the affected area, and restore the damage.
- Hurricane and storm damage – When Mother Nature sometimes strikes hard, the excess rain water seeps into your residence or place of business. Our industry quality equipment and restoration techniques will take care of the water damages inside your property.
- Sewage line backup – If a toilet backs up, you plunge it. When a main sewage line backs up or breaks, don’t try to clean up the mess yourself. This kind of disaster requires expert handling by trained and specially-equipped professionals, who can thoroughly decontaminate your property with no lingering odor.
- Water used for fire suppression – Any part of your structure that survives a fire will probably have extensive water damage. Our professional equipment and products will clear out any standing water and serve to restore water damaged areas.
Whether the flooding event leaves water damage in your basement or another part of the house, rapid action is vital to mitigate the extent of the damage and secondary effects. If you live or do business in Frederick or surrounding areas, call MD Water Restoration and we’ll be there in just 30-60 minutes. Our teams are always ready to respond to an emergency. When you call us, you are getting highly trained experts who bring professional-grade equipment to the project. Call us 24/7 if you have any questions or concerns – 1-888-743-3045. Get professional aid for the truly best quality outcome in Frederick city.
Our teams have experienced all types of water damage restoration in our service area, including flood damage, flooded basements, and a broad scope of other water-related disasters. MD Water Damage Restoration has been serving since 2001. If you live in the Frederick area, call us 24/7 and our certified restoration teams will be at your property very quickly.